This is...

This is...

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ranch!

The kids started school... did I forget to take a first day of school picture? YES! :(


We celebrated the start of school by heading to the ranch for an end of summer celebration. Jeff and family met us there. I think it was pretty hot!! The kids (of course) had a great time. They got dirty and sweaty. They usually get to wait the entire 3.5 hour car ride home before they get a bath. I justify that because we have to clean the ranch bathrooms and "check-out" of the ranch house. I could very-well bathe them... but by the time I clean up the bathroom and wash the towels after them, they would be dirty again. So, we just dump them in the bath when we get home... Looking at these pictures, it looks rather disgusting though.

The kids (of course) get so tired and cranky when its time to finally get in the car and leave... but they typically fall asleep before we even get on the freeway. Seriously, I love my kids! I love being able to go to the ranch and let them run around all day outside. I love that they get to grow up driving 4 wheelers and smelling cows and petting horses. I love that the kids run away from and/or play with those dirty ranch dogs. I love all the time they get to spend with their cousins. They are so lucky! I love just going and sitting at the kitchen table and watching my kids just be kids. I love that Jessie has them all in Kids Club. the list goes on...

ps: how does Nate sleep with his eyes open? Is that odd? He was seriously OUT! Kids are amazing.

No comments: