This is...

This is...

Thursday, May 01, 2008

I went to Wal-mart last night. I left Aaron and Charity home with Joe and just took Nate.
When I walked in to the kitchen (arms full of groceries), I saw this little present on the floor:
Who would have done this sort of thing? Aaron came down the stairs. I asked him if he used the scissors, and whose hair it was. Proudly, he said "I cut my hair because I want to look good for my party on Friday"
He looks good alright!! ;)

Then there's Charity. She is so sweet. I feel like I am not giving her enough attention, but no matter how hard I try, she seems to still get lost in the shuffle. I guess it is a middle child thing. The other day, she said she didn't want to live with me anymore - she wanted to live with Grandma, Cherry and Sarah. After she saw how it made me sad, she told me she would stay with me. But, secretly, I think she is happier over there. :(

Last, we have Nate. I have really slacked with this child. He falls asleep watching cartoons. He is my most finicky eater...
Whenever he wants attention, he just walks right up and weasles his way into the middle of things. (reminds me a bit of myself that way). He sure is a cutie. when someone else is getting their picture taken, he walks right up to the camera, gets in front and says cheese!!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Charity will be getting lots of love & attention this weekend! We are planning on being there for her party!

Carie Ann Wall said...

You are a great MOM Emily! I see you in action all the time. You have great kids to prove it. See you this afternoon!

Valerie said...

I love the new haircut. It must be a right of passage for kids because it seems like every kid does that at least once during childhood. I did! Mine was a bit more dramatic, though, because I ended up with a boy haircut and managed to traumatize my mother at the same time.

P.S. Parker had a blast at the party. Thanks for inviting him.

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

Charity reminds me a lot of Lydia. Getting forgotten about etc, but still so dang sweet.(btw, who wouldnt be happier at grandmas they get to spoil and don't have to punish) Love Aaron's haircut. that is so funny that he wanted to be stylin for his party, and Nate, what a sweetheart. Glad we got to see you last weekend. bummer we missed that party. My kids LOVED the cakes.

Sarra said...

I think every parent feels desperately inadequate most of the time - no worries, you are awesome! And the middle child thing goes away after a while; I know b/c I'm a middle child too. Stephanie does the same thing that Nate does - she even does it when I've got my phone!