This is...

This is...

Sunday, May 11, 2008

My mom

So, it's Mother's Day, and I have the world's best mother!

She is the greatest. She taught me music, and to love music. She taught me to be flexible. She taught me that home is where your family is. She taught me to bloom where you are planted. She taught me to be strong and independant. She taught me to be ok with who I am.

She encouraged me to be everything I could. She encouraged and supported me with all my random endeavors. She drove me everywhere I needed to go. She loved me even when I made bad choices. She is seriously the best friend anyone could ever have. She is amazing. She comes through in any pickle. She is always ready and willing to help and serve. She is super supportive and fun! All of her spare minutes are spent helping others. She is the world's best grandma too. (my own daughter would rather live with her than me!)


This picture is classic: I was not the best daughter at this point, but she insists I was still "FUN!" she put up with all my drama...


She helps me so much, with EVERYTHING!

All the things she taught, she did by example. She never pretended to do or be anything other than what she was. She is real, and in my eyes, she is the most perfect mother anyone in the world could ever have. She is beautiful. She is my mom, and I hope to be just like her!!!

7 comments:

Katie said...

What a sweet post! Hope your Mother's Day was wonderful!

Valerie said...

What a great tribute to your mother. And based on the things you said about her...you are already just like her! Hope you had a great day!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

that was so sweet, I hope she reads it! hope you had a great day too!

Beth said...

that picture is classic! i love it. happy mom's day!

Kiera said...

What a great post!!

Leisha Mareth said...

What a great post. I liked your Mom the instant I met her (albeit briefly...) I didn't know who she was at first. I was waiting at preschool to drop off Jake and Rachel started throwing a fit and your Mom jumped into action and got her diverted and quieted in a nanosecond. I was like, "who is this superwoman?" and then I saw Aaron walk up to her and I'm like, "Of course!" She is awesome.

Matt, Karin, Sienna, Sadie & Tanner said...

Happy Mother's Day! Your mom sounds wonderful. There needs to be more moms in the world like her to stand by their kids through everything. It sounds like you are on the right track to being like her. I love reading your posts about your kids- you are a great mother yourself. Oh, and don't worry - Sienna would probably prefer to be with my mom over me too. :)

Karin